Thursday, June 23, 2011

I really miss...

I love Tapachula, but living in the boonies of Mexico has it's downsides as well.  The simple things in life that I really miss are...

1. Eating salad/vegetables without the fear that it might be washed in poop water

2. Flushing toilet paper down the toilet. (Note: we can't do that here.)

3. Speaking of poop water...I miss having water readily available and not having to buy & lug a huge 5 gallon jug a block down the street like a maniac.

4. Blending in a crowd (somewhat, I know I'm one of a kind).

5. There seems to be a theme with water...Hot water. I couldn't figure out how to switch the gas on so it would heat the water, and the instructions are in Spanish and who wants to mess around when you switch one thing wrong and poof...

6. Air conditioning (yes, I miss it a little) so that when I sweat too much it doesn't look like I peed my pants.

7. Lastly, I miss bugs/creatures that I am sort of used to. No more of these gigantor cockroaches, mosquitoes with malaria (exaggerating a little), moths the size of birds (not exaggerating) and bats.

Poor guy didn't make it. 

P.S. I should note that I also really miss my family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until you're home in our beautiful apartment with lots and lots of AC and (probably unless you are crazy Rach) no bugs! We also have hot water here and I will have a HUGE salad and a HUGE glass of wine waiting for you when you get home and we'll cuddle and catch up and OMG I'M SO EXCITED JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU COMING HOME!! Miss you SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete